Specialty: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• PhD, Ankara University, Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1998
• Bachelor’s degree, Ankara University, Faculty of Dentistry, 1993
• Assist. Prof. - Ondokuz Mayıs University, Samsun, 1999 - 2004
• Assoc. Prof. - Ondokuz Mayıs University, Samsun, 2004 - 2006
- Erciyes University, Kayseri, 2006 - 2009
• Professor - Erciyes University, Kayseri, 2009 - 2017
Turkish Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, 1993 -
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Society (Turkish), (Board membership), 2006 -
International Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, 2005 -
International Team for Implantology (ITI), 2009 -
He was involved in numerous projects founded by TUBITAK, State Planning Organization and Scientific Research Projects of Universities as a coordinator and researcher and has over 250 national / international papers and reports, scientific awards and conferences. He serves as advisory board member and on the editorial boards of several scientific journals. Professional interests focused on dentofacial deformities, cleft lip and palate, temporomandibular joint surgery, maxillofacial trauma and dental implantology.
He was born in 1970. Dr. Alkan is married and father of a daughter and a son.